[MlMt] Atom Editor Bundle

Mon Jul 13 18:47:38 EDT 2015

On 12 Jul 2015, at 20:32, Kai Großjohann wrote:

> On 12 Jul 2015, at 20:30, Kai Großjohann wrote:
>
>> This is highly unfortunate.  Of course in the standard version we
>> want to tell folks to check the box in the preferences, but for any
>> forked version I think we should say how to use that forked version.
>> Hm.  Other github repos must be having the same issue!  There must be
>> a solution for this.
>
> I meant to say that I'm not clear how does git handle these "expected
> differences"?  Suppose Allan creates a new version, then if you pull
> that version, wouldn't you run into merge conflicts with the README
> difference?

No, not if he doesn't accept my pull request. In fact, in this case
it'll work well. His repo uses instructions to do a manual install and
the official repo used for MailMate (my repo) has updated this to the
standard MailMate README.

It is more tricky when one of the official repos is forked, because most
users won't update the README. In my opinion, it's a minor problem
though.