[MlMt] suggestion - search buttons

Fri Jan 30 04:08:05 EST 2015

On 30 Jan 2015, at 8:57, Giovanni Lanzani wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2015, at 23:47, Scott A. McIntyre wrote:
>>>
>>> But anyway, once we get the cool Google like search field where I
>>> can type "from:foo AND to:bar", then this point will be a moot
>>> point...
>>
>> Oh man, I'd pay a reasonable sum of money to have a search interface
>> like this, using the various key-words from the drop downs instead of
>> the dropdown.
>>
>> 	"from:*.domain.com before:01-12-2014 after:17-03-2013 NOT
>> (subject:"Invoice*" OR from:landlord at evil.com)"
>
> would that be difficult to implement?

No, I think I've also described my plan in the past (although maybe it
wasn't on the mailing list). I already have a very experimental
implementation (too experimental to be enabled for testing or even be
used by myself). In short, my plan is to do something very close to what
Scott describes, but it's going to be customizable in the sense that
*power* users can make their own quick search language if they provide a
script which converts it to the internal MailMate query language (which
is too verbose to be used directly). The default quick search language
is going to be an example of that.

But I don't have time to finish it soon. Right now, the main focus is
making the 64 bit release sufficiently stable to replace the 32 bit
release.