[MlMt] Remove a bogus address from "To" address completion?

Thu Jan 29 14:55:22 EST 2015

On 29 Jan 2015, at 18:31, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> On 29 Jan 2015, at 16:57, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> On 28 Jan 2015, at 12:02, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>>
>>> How about instead of taking the account with the first hit take the
>>> account with the *most* hits ?
>>
>> [...]
>> I'm not convinced that would be a good solution since it would make
>> it very hard to change what MailMate has “learned”.
>
> hmm - that would be easier than today.
>
> Lets say I have Sent 4 mails to human at work.com from my at gmail.com and
> 1000 to human at work.com from my at work.com
>
> mailmate insist on using my at gmail.com  until I remove all the 4 mails
> in my at gmail.com

I would never want moving emails to be the solution. I would just want
you to change the From address in the composer when it's wrong.

> my suggestion: it would choose from my at work.com. which is the right
> choice.
>
> if I wanted it to be from my at gmail.com I would still have to go remove
> the 1000 from my at work.com in both cases.

That would work in both cases, but as stated I don't want moving emails
to ever be the solution. Now imagine a user sending 1000 emails from one
account and then wanting to switch to a different account. Then it would
require sending 1001 emails before MailMate had learned the change. This
is what I meant by “very hard”.

But we can both setup theoretical cases where one or the other would be
easier. It'll be my decision in the end anyways :-) What I do plan to
make easier would be how to change the From address in the Composer (and
make it more obvious when it is auto-changed). You should push me on
progress on that instead ;-)