[MlMt] Remove a bogus address from "To" address completion?

Wed Jan 28 05:04:55 EST 2015

On 25 Jan 2015, at 22:12, Kai Großjohann wrote:

> I exchange a lot of email with John Doe, but somehow,
> "jdoe at example.comkai" ended up in the list of "To" addresses to be
> completed.  The correct address (the one without "kai" at the end) is
> also in the list, but the wrong one seems to come first.
>
> How do I remove the bogus "jdoe at example.comkai", leaving only the
> valid "jdoe at example.com"?

This comes up regularly. MailMate uses sent messages for completion
suggestions and there is not way to “blacklist” addresses. Entries
in Contacts currently take precedence over a sent message when the sent
message is more than 30 days old.

I'm still not 100% sure how blacklisting could/should work, but I'm
getting closer. I think I know how to best synchronise such a list over
IMAP (which is the main problem for an implementation).