[MlMt] Threading Confusion

Marco Carmosino marco at ntime.org
Tue Jan 20 12:41:59 EST 2015

I'm using Mike's trick now in my threaded inbox. It's great. And the
beauty of it is that since mailing_lists is a smart folder, I don't need
to do any filtering on the server to get exactly the behavior I want, or
later if I want I could filter some stuff on the server and the rule
will work fine regardless. Here's the rule, for posterity I guess:

filter = "((#thread-id =[c] $INBOX.#thread-id and #source.path =[c]
'INBOX/Sent Messages' and message-id !=[c] $MAILING_LISTS.message-id)
  or
(#thread-id =[c] $INBOX.#thread-id and #source.path !=[cx] 'INBOX/Sent
Messages'))";

I think this is so nice that it should go in the Examples that come with
MailMate. I guess the issue is, people might have different names for
their Sent Messages on their IMAP servers, so it might not work out of
the box.

Anyway, thanks everyone.

-- Marco