[MlMt] Mail archiving best practice

Tue Jan 20 04:06:39 EST 2015

On 20 Jan 2015, at 9:55, Fredrik Jonsson wrote:

> Kai Großjohann 2015-01-19 22:00 wrote:
>
>> On that token, I've installed Dovecot, I'm running that on my
>> MacBook, and I copy mails there for archival purposes.
>
> I have also opted for a local dovecot server to archive all my mail.
> That way I always have access to all my mails in one place. Mailmates
> search is quite good and very fast.
>
> Running dovecot as a local only IMAP server on OS X
> <https://xdeb.org/node/1607>

Thanks for the link! Dovecot is a great IMAP server and this setup works
very well. I'd like to add though that this setup also means that every
email is stored twice on the local machine. Just to make sure no-one
overlooks this :-) (I guess that is another reason why it would be nice
if MailMate could be configured to not cache all messages.)