[MlMt] Connection error

Tue Jan 20 02:17:41 EST 2015

On 20 Jan 2015, at 7:56, David Green wrote:

> 2. It says "too many simultaneous connections" -- any other mail
> programs running against your account?

Here I can add that the limit is
[15](https://support.google.com/mail/answer/97150?hl=en) for Gmail.
MailMate, by default, uses at most 3.

But there has been problems in the past where Gmail counts more
connections than actually used by MailMate. This happens if MailMate is
unable to properly close existing connections before opening new ones. A
bad network connection could be part of this.

I don't know exactly how Google enforces the restriction on the number
of connections, but maybe it's a good idea to close MailMate for half an
hour (or more) to make sure its count goes back to 0 (depending on the
number of devices/clients you have). Also consider the possibility of
other clients/scripts using Gmail connections.