[MlMt] Bugs when forwarding e-mail, build 4587 (1.8)

Sun Jan 11 07:30:08 EST 2015

On 11 Jan 2015, at 10:56, Bram Heerink wrote:

> When I forward e-mail - mostly - richly marked up complex HTML e-mails
> it often does not work. The receiver receives an empty e-mail. Also,
> attachments are gone. When I look to the e-mail in `Sent Items` it is
> also empty. Something is going terribly wrong when composing, cloning
> an e-mail when you hit the Forward button.

Complex HTML emails are best handled using “Message ▸ Forward as
Attachment” or “Message ▸ Redirect”. Part of the reason is that
MailMate only has a plain text composer and part of the reason is that
forwarding HTML emails inline is a bit of a trial-and-error problem
(even for HTML capable email clients). I do have a plan to improve the
behavior of MailMate to allow embedding the original HTML of the
replied/forwarded message, but apparently I keep postponing this --
probably because I'm afraid it's going to be an infinitely big “can of
worms” :-)