[MlMt] Context Menu Sharing option not working

Fri Jan 9 05:56:17 EST 2015

On 9 Jan 2015, at 1:41, Allie Martin wrote:

> Whenever I ctrl click on a file and select Mail from the sharing
> submenu, nothing happens.  MailMate's icon is there for 'Mail'
> indicating the appropriate association.
> Anyone else having this happen?

I would be surprised if it worked for anyone, because I haven't
implemented a Share extension. I hadn't even read the documentation for
this to be honest (I have now).

I don't know why the MailMate icon is in this menu at all, but it
appears to be a side-effect of having MailMate chosen as the default
email client.

Apple Mail appears to work (although the icon was not updated) if I
changed default application -- it simply opens a composer window with
the attachment. I cannot find a Share extension within the Mail
application bundle, so I'm not sure how that works. It's probably
somehow related to the problem of the misleading use of the MailMate
icon.

I can probably create a share extension with the same functionality, but
it's not a high priority right now. Note that the “Services ▸ New
Email with Attachment” menu item is provided by MailMate and it should
still work.

(Interestingly, I'm pretty sure that if a MailMate Share extension was
available then the MailMate icon would appear twice in the Share
menu...)