[MlMt] View emails from Thread Arcs behavior

Thu Jan 8 15:10:51 EST 2015

On 8 Jan 2015, at 18:09, Steve Carter wrote:

> Really like the Thread Arcs view.   When I click on a node for email
> from someone other than me,  that email is shown in the preview pane.
> Great.   However, when I click on a node that is from me,  it opens up
> that  email thread.  I prefer to view in my email threads in the
> preview pane also to avoid have to close the email.
>
> Is there someway to keep my emails in the preview pane and not open up
> the email when clicking the node?

The problem is that your sent messages are not in the same mailbox as
the mailbox you are currently viewing. The only fix would be to make
sure you have all of the messages of the thread in the current mailbox.
That could be done by creating a smart mailbox which also shows messages
from the sent mailbox or you could create a smart mailbox which includes
messages from the same threads. For example, for the Inbox:

* Select the Inbox.
* Make sure no messages are selected (⌘-click the selected message if
necessary).
* Click the “Thread” toolbar button.
* Click “Save” in the upper right corner to save it as a smart
mailbox.

Use the smart mailbox as a custom Inbox. It should automatically include
all your sent messages (and other related messages).