[MlMt] "Correspondent" column shows wrong name

Bob Stern bob_stern at mac.com
Wed Feb 25 05:17:17 EST 2015

>> On 24 Feb 2015, at 18:22, Shoshanna Green wrote:
>>
>> [...] I guess MailMate is insisting on a name, and falling back on
>> the next header in line, showing the name of the sole To: addressee,
>> when it can't find one for the sender.

> On 24 Feb 2015, at 11:53, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
> Bingo. That's the problem. Thanks!

Thanks a million for adding this feature, Benny!  The arrow icon is
excellent!

However, I observe another situation in which the Correspondent column
is wrong.  If the From header encloses the name in double quotes ("Adam
& Eve" <x at y.com>), the Correspondent column erroneously displays one of
the To addresses.  Conversely, other messages from the same sender
correctly display the Correspondent if the From header omits the double
quotes but the name is the same, including non-alphabetic characters
such as an ampersand or comma.

Bob Stern