[MlMt] Server unavailable

Wed Feb 18 10:27:04 EST 2015

On 18 Feb 2015, at 1:20, Allie Martin wrote:

> If an source comes up with mailboxes as 'unavailable', what does this
> mean?

That something went wrong with the connection and MailMate is going to
try again later. “Later” is a very short time at first, but it
increases if it continues to fail. This handles all kinds of server and
network issues.

> One of my accounts has all the mailboxes as 'unavailable'.  I connect
> to the account using my iPhone just fine.

There is a known issue with Gmail for some users on some networks. I
still haven't resolved that.

> The activity viewer isn't at all 'verbose' on the matter so I have no
> idea what's happening.  Any logs that I can check?

Logs can be found in the “Activity Viewer” (⌥⌘0). If you open
that window and relaunch MailMate to make sure connecting to the account
is retried then you can use “Help ▸ Send Server Logs” to let me
review the problem. (Note that logging is only enabled when the activity
window is open.)