[MlMt] spacebar: scroll message, or toggle headers?

Mon Feb 16 19:38:12 EST 2015

On 16 Feb 2015, at 18:04, Allie Martin wrote:

> - Now that we have a 'correspondent' column, shouldn't the 'From'
> column always be made removable?  ATM, I can disable the 'From' column
> only in the 'Sent' smart folder.

Max answered that one.

> - I don't know if you're subscribed to any yahoogroups mailing lists.
> They alter the From address of messages to look like this
> `"'My Name' myemailaddress [groupname] <groupname at yahoogroups.com>"`
> As you can see, the 'identity' is no longer the specified 'From'
> address.

That's just horrible. I guess they try to match the frightingly buggy
Yahoo IMAP server.

> Is there a way to get around this, i.e., using a different header that
> isn't prone to being mangled?  Or using a header over-ride in case
> there isn't a match with one header.  I see an X-Original-From header
> in these messages.  I don't know if it's a standard optional header or
> one created by the YahooGroups listserv.

Yes, the `X-Original-From` header could be a solution. Currently you
cannot apply Identity/Correspondent to this header though. I can change
that, but the Correspondent column does not use the header either. You
can change that yourself, but it might be a bit tricky. Let me fix
`X-Original-From` first.