[MlMt] spacebar: scroll message, or toggle headers?

Sun Feb 15 18:06:33 EST 2015

On 15 Feb 2015, at 21:06, Shoshanna Green wrote:

> I'm currently trying out MailMate; though I can't switch to it until
> it has a "correspondent" column, […]

You should try the latest test release: Hold down ⌥ when clicking
“Check Now” in the Software Update preferences pane.

> When I open a message I've received, often I'm going to want to scroll
> down to read it all. But if I immediately hit the spacebar, it toggles
> between full and compact headers. I have to click in the message body
> to focus it, and only then will the spacebar scroll the message.

At first I didn't understand this, but reading the replies I understand
that it's about the single message window. I'll fix the default focus.

> There's got to be a way around this, right? Every review talks about
> how keyboard-focused MailMate is (another big plus!); I can't possibly
> always have to click before I can scroll with the keyboard?

Well, the tab key should also move the focus to the message view.