[MlMt] Calendar event invites

Wed Feb 11 16:58:52 EST 2015

On 11 Feb 2015, at 21:15, Eric A. Meyer wrote:

> I'm trying to get Calendar to issue event invites through MailMate
> instead of Mail.app.  I can't seem to figure out how to make that
> happen, though.  Anyone have a pointer to a tutorial?  I did Google
> research, but didn't turn up anything that helped.

A long time ago I hacked something for iCal which is described
[here](http://manual.mailmate-app.com/extended_url_scheme#hacking_integration_with_third_party_applications),
but it broke with OS X 10.8+. I don't really know if it's possible to
make something else work for 10.8+. I wonder if it works with any other
email clients…

The main problem is that there is no standard way to create an email
*with attachments* using the default email application. An application
must explicitly support each email client.