[MlMt] suggestion - search buttons

Fri Feb 6 08:41:24 EST 2015

On 6 Feb 2015, at 14:26, Allie Martin wrote:

> On 5 Feb 2015, at 17:23, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> You can use `searchAllMessages:`. Holding down ⌥ when hitting
>> enter is the only way to do a current mailbox search with the toolbar
>> search field.
>
> Does the search update each time you hit enter for the same string?

Everything in MailMate is based on the same query system. This means
that a search result is dynamically updated just like a mailbox is
dynamically updated when a new message arrives. In other words, nothing
particular happens when hitting enter for the same string -- if the
search result had changed then it would already have been dynamically
updated.

> - string searches are not being applied to quoted text since my reply
> would now contain the search string in quoted text.

That is correct.

> In your release notes, you used the term 'body'.  Does this mean all
> message body excluding quoted text?

Yes. You can currently use `q` to explicitly search quoted text.