[MlMt] plain text bundle (for org-mode)?

Tue Dec 15 06:27:21 EST 2015

On 14 Dec 2015, at 21:34, John Rakestraw wrote:

> I’d like to create a task formatted for emacs org-mode based on an
> email I receive in MailMate. So, for example, an email from John
> Smith, received 2015-12-14 with the subject line “here’s one”
> and the body text “blah, blah, blah” generates something like
> this, appended to a plain-text file:

> [Extra points if I can select a part of the body text and have only
> that part go into the body.]
>
> Possible?

This requires a so-called bundle which is (unfortunately) still
undocumented. There are a lot of [examples](https://github.com/mailmate)
though. They can be enabled in the Bundles preferences pane of MailMate.
Some of the calendar bundles use `MM_SELECTED_RANGE` which might be
useful for the extra points (although I'm not sure this variable always
works well in general).

You can base your bundle on an existing one. Place it here and MailMate
should automatically detect it:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Bundles/

Make sure you replace every use of a UUID in the various files. You can
put one on the pasteboard like this (in a Terminal window):

	uuidgen | tr -d '\n' | pbcopy

See if you can make it work and then let me know if you have any
questions.