[MlMt] plain text bundle (for org-mode)?

John Rakestraw lists at johnrakestraw.com
Mon Dec 14 15:34:49 EST 2015

Hi —

I’m trying out MailMate and, so far, I’m quite impressed. Only day 6
of my trial and I’m wondering why I should wait any longer to
purchase. I do have one question — please forgive me if it’s been
asked before. My search of the listserv archives didn’t turn anything
up.

I’d like to create a task formatted for emacs org-mode based on an
email I receive in MailMate. So, for example, an email from John Smith,
received 2015-12-14 with the subject line “here’s one” and the
body text “blah, blah, blah” generates something like this, appended
to a plain-text file:

****
* TODO Reply to “Here’s one” from “John Smith”
   :PROPERTIES:
   :RECEIVED: [2015-12-14]
   :END:

“blah, blah, blah”

[Extra points if I can select a part of the body text and have only that
part go into the body.]
****

Possible? If so, any hints? (I should say I’m not a programmer, though
I’ve been known to write a bash script and even make primitive use of
awk and sed.)

Thanks for a great program.

—John