[MlMt] possibly unpopular feature request

Scott A. McIntyre mailmate at howyagoin.net
Thu Aug 13 18:33:53 EDT 2015

Hi,

> The way that Apple Mail handles threads (new messages at the top of
> the conversation, no attempt at the mutt-style threading of individual
> replies) actually works far better for me than the way that MailMate
> currently does things. Again, I appreciate that my brain is broken and
> that I am wrong about many things.
>
> What are the chances that there could be a configurable option to use
> Mail.app-style presentation of threads as an alternative to what
> MailMate currently does?

I'd like to make a somewhat tangential request here - I also *want* to
use the Threading on MailMate, but, can't, due to the sheer volume, and
indeed, how I prefer to sort messages, but part of what I do appreciate
about Mail.app is that when you're not in thread mode, you can still
visually see messages in the same thread in the message list pane.

This makes it really easy to spot if you want to command-click and
select/delete them all, or just want to visually scan where the messages
are in the context of the rest of the folder.

I'd really like some way to do this in MailMate.  When I select a
message that is in a thread, that some sort of obvious visual clue is
given to change the colour of other messages in the mailbox list for
messages in that same thread.

Of course, this may already be possible and I just need to know the
magic....

Scott