[MlMt] How do I search in the Junk folder?

Thu Aug 13 03:17:51 EDT 2015

On 12 Aug 2015, at 16:13, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> On 11 Aug 2015, at 22:49, Lars Ippich wrote:
>
>> If you want to search the Junk folder, just go to the Junk folder,
>> enter your search terms in the bar and then press ⌥ + Return to
>> tell MailMate to stay in the current folder for this search instead
>> of jumping to All Messages.
>
> Thanks, that works. It's obscure, but it works.

The “Default Mailbox ▸ Current Mailbox” item in the search menu is
intended to be used to specify what you prefer by default. In general,
any active search can be used to search any mailbox simply by choosing
another mailbox. If the search begins in “All Messages” then you can
still switch to “Junk” if you want to look in that mailbox. You can
also ⌘-select “Junk” and “Deleted Messages” to make sure
**all** messages are included in the search results.

>> I think there was a low-level way to change what All Messages
>> contained (currently it should be everything but Deleted Messages and
>> Junk), but I cannot find that at the moment - maybe somebody else can
>> help here.
>
> Yes, that would be lovely.

There is no such setting. I'm not sure it makes much sense to have it as
part of “All Messages” in general, but I guess there could be a
setting to automatically select Junk and/or Deleted Messages when doing
a search...

@Paul: It is possible to filter the “All Messages” mailbox to, e.g.,
only contain the messages from the last year, but this cannot be used to
extend the set to Junk and/or Deleted Messages (`MmAllMessagesFilter`).
I suspect this was the setting you had in mind. This setting has, by the
way, been superseded by the fact that conditions can be added to the
“All Messages” mailbox itself.