[MlMt] Math Formatting Features/Options

Marco Carmosino marco at ntime.org
Tue Aug 11 16:40:24 EDT 2015

Hi all,

Benny, I really appreciate your working math support into MailMate. Is
there any way, however, to get mail to render with
https://www.mathjax.org instead of MathML? Or, to send email to other
people that would somehow embed a link to the mathjax CDN and render in
their gmail or whatever? I'm really murky on the details of this, sorry.

I'd definitely be willing to put in some work for this. The reason is,
mathjax produces better output than MathML rendering which tends to be
poorly supported by most browsers.

In a beautiful perfect world, I could get a "preview" window of emails
that are being composed, possibly just using marked, that would render
all my math and markdown during composition.

I realize that this is a super niche question, but if you're willing to
pander to mathematicians just a little but more I'd really appreciate
it.

Anyone on-list with hints about how to get messages that mailmate
produces to render math nicely in Gmail running on a fairly modern
browser? This is what most of my collaborators use.

thanks,

-- Marco