[MlMt] Regular expressions in rules?

Mon Apr 27 04:53:20 EDT 2015

On 26 Apr 2015, at 16:23, Christian Hopps wrote:

> I’m trying to use the “.” regular expression in my mailbox rules
> to filter spam that uses a symbol rather than the true spelling to
> sneak by normal spam filtering, but I don’t think this is supported
> by default. Is there a way to enable something like this?

No, there is no regexp-comparison method. The only workaround is to, low
level, introduce a new specifier using the regular expression. For
example, such that you could make a condition like “From ▸ Junk
exists”.

For example, save this as `~/Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Resources/specifiers.plist`:

~~~
{
	parsers = {
		junk = {
			headers = ( "from" );
			specifierRegex = '(mm-.*@freron\.com)';
			specifierCaptures = {
				1 = { specifier = "junk"; };
			};
		};
	};
}
~~~

It's cumbersome and not very flexible, but an advantage is that it can
be used everywhere (searches, rules, submailboxes, ...).