[MlMt] Widescreen Layout - A la Postbox

Thomas Roberts thomasjpr at thomasjpr.com
Wed Apr 22 21:44:21 EDT 2015

Yeah, I’ve only ever seen this feature implemented as a very
low-information view. I think Microsoft was the first to do this with
Outlook (2003 or 2007) and it’s still not very customizable.
Thunderbird also implemented a vertical view, and allowed you to pack
all of your columns into it, but it was unusable if you added anything
beyond sender, date, subject. I’d love to see this in MailMate, but I
would not have any expectations that I could cram all of my existing
columns in there. I think by design it has to be very basic like
Postbox, Mail.app, or Outlook.