[MlMt] gpg2 path?

Christopher LILJENSTOLPE mailmate at cdl.asgaard.org
Wed Apr 22 16:59:27 EDT 2015

Greetings,

On 22 Apr 2015, at 12:48, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 21 Apr 2015, at 22:58, Bill Cole wrote:
>
>> On 21 Apr 2015, at 13:28, Christopher LILJENSTOLPE wrote:
>>
>>> I've moved off of GPGTools, and am running the current gpg2 tooling
>>> from GNU (brew package, if anyone is interested).  However, it seems
>>> as if the GPGTools path is stuck somewhere in the system for the
>>> path for gpg2.  Any hidden variable where I can change that path?
>>
>> 1. Symlink the hardcoded name to the working one:
>> sudo mkdir -p /usr/local/MacGPG2/bin
>> sudo ln -s /usr/local/bin/gpg2 /usr/local/MacGPG2/bin
>
> This is what I usually suggest. I don't officially support any other
> `gpg2` implementations, because MailMate does not yet have its own
> password requester for OpenPGP. In other words, the user either has to
> make sure password requesters are never needed or that the alternative
> `gpg2` command can pop up its own GUI.
>
> There is a nicer way to do it though. It is intended to be part of
> some future GUI for editing a set of default environment variables.
> Here is how to do it from the command line:
>
> 	defaults write com.freron.MailMate environmentVariables -dict
> "variables" '( { enabled = :true;  name = "MM_GPG"; value =
> "/usr/local/MacGPG2/bin/gpg2"; }, )'

Odd - I did ran the command you said, but I still get:

Unable to locate the command (gpg2) needed to create the OpenPGP
message.

The command is there and executable.  I've tried with both the symlink
location (/usr/local/bin/gpg2 and it's real location
/usr/local/Cellar/gnupg2/2.0.27/bin/gpg2

gpg2 now has the ability to call something like pinentry (which I have
installed, and is working).

	Chrisotpher

> I believe MailMate also looks for `MM_TNEF` which controls the
> location of the command used for decoding `winmail.dat` files and
> family, but I doubt anyone would want to replace the default :-)
>
> I make no guarantees that the above is going to work in the future.
> They are low-level implementation details.
>
> --
> Benny

李柯睿
Avt tace, avt loqvere meliora silentio