[MlMt] Address scheme

Allie Martin amd at maclink.me
Thu Apr 16 19:29:42 EDT 2015

On 16 Apr 2015, at 16:25, Thomas Grundberg wrote:

> Thanks again. I really do want to agree with your last sentence.

:-)

> I followed your advice and deleted every reference to yahoogroups.com
> in Contacts. The strange adresses do not appear in Contacts, however,
> only in Mailmate, and the result is exactly the same as before,
> thusly:

Hmmm.

This is what I did.

- I deleted all yahoo groups addresses from my Mac contacts and from any
other address book that my Mac contacts may be syncing with.

- I then disabled the option to automatically add addresses of 'unknown'
recipients that I'm sending messages to.

In Gmail, the option is as shown in this screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41751443/gmail_option.png

For LuxSci, my other email provider, the option is as shown here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41751443/luxsci_option.png

It was not until I disabled those two options that the 'problem' ended
for me.  I really disliked when writing a fresh message to a yahoo group
that a members name would appear.  Very tacky when I'm not writing to
the member specifically.  I no longer have the problem except that I now
have to manually type the yahoo group address or copy it from another
message.

LuxSci simply uses the system address book.  I don't see from my
personal experience of it where it recalls addresses by itself.  Maybe
it does, but that's not my experience, not unless the address is
auto-added to my mail provider address book for which I connect to with
my phone using Exchange leading ultimately to the syncing of those
addresses with my Mac contacts.

—
Curtis acm