[MlMt] Muting - not working as documented

John Purnell johno108108 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 03:36:53 EDT 2014

When I mute a message from a mailing list, I see in the Activity Viewer
that the `$Muted` flag is applied to the message. I then delete the
message and can see it is moved to the Trash mailbox. But subsequent
messages in the thread are still filtered (by the server) into the
mailbox of that mailing list, are not marked read and are not moved to
the Trash mailbox. I expect further messages in the thread (not
addressed to me) to have the `$Muted` flag set, be marked read and be
filed into the mailbox of the parent message (in this case Trash).

Am I misunderstanding how this works, or what do I need to do to make it
work as described?

Thanks
John