[MlMt] syncing rules etc (was "Rules didn't come along with update")

Thu Sep 25 08:19:55 EDT 2014

On 24 Sep 2014, at 16:43, Jason Davies wrote:

> I could also do with something similar, i.e. updating Application
> Support files via dropbox: I'm constantly having to change my
> signature and since I use four different computers, it's a real pain
> to have to do it on each and every one. Would a symlink to dropbox
> work? (I would have to quit Mailmate every time I left a machine, I
> realise, to prevent a clash)

I'm afraid it wouldn't work. The symlink would be overwritten whenever
you updated a signature.

> The Omnisync sync might work differently (I assume so or they wouldn't
> have invented it). Might be worth officially or unofficially exploring
> whether that is more graceful;)

If I can make it work via IMAP then that would be preferable since it
would not require a third party service to be involved. (You would also
get your existing settings just by adding an IMAP account to MailMate.)