[MlMt] Keychain integration

Wed Sep 24 07:55:16 EDT 2014

On 24 Sep 2014, at 11:03, Bram Heerink wrote:

> I'm on build #4508 now but there is still a weird problem. I always
> make sure my Keychain contains the correct passwords. But somehow, if
> I reboot MailMate, it updates the Keychain password with the old
> initial password of my accounts. I really don't know where MailMate
> finds this old password and why it happens. But it's pretty annoying.
> Rebooting MailMate means password errors, logging in 1Password and
> save them again. Works for that session but MailMate will update the
> keys wrongly in a reboot.

Yes, this is very strange, but I have a theory. There was a short-lived
test version of MailMate which could leak the password to your
`Sources.plist` file (it only happened to users updating the password
while using this test version). I thought this would be automatically
cleaned up after the bug was fixed, but this appears to not be the case.
Instead MailMate picks it up and writes it to the keychain.

I've fixed it for the next update (later today) which should also
automatically remove the password from the file. Sorry about the
inconvenience.