[MlMt] Quick refresh of smart mailbox?

Quentin Stafford-Fraser quentin at pobox.com
Mon Sep 1 12:36:48 EDT 2014

Thanks Benny -

The MmStickyMessagesEnabled is interesting, but feels a little
counterintuitive for my particular use, because I'm listing both flagged
and unread messages.  With this option, flagged messages disappear when
I unflag them, but read messages don't once I've read them
(understandably, because it would be a bit strange to have the one
you're currently looking at disappear from the list).

My own vote would go towards a key-binding that just refreshes the
current view.  A couple of thoughts from other apps:

* In Final Cut Pro X, there are some bits of functionality that don't
appear in the menu and can only be accessed if you decide to bind them
to a key.  It does, though, have its own GUI for key bindings, so one
can always find them there.

* In OmniFocus, the 'Clean Up' action which tidies up your screen after
you've checked things off is Cmd-K (just in case you need a different
suggestion for a keystroke!).  But I agree that making it work with
'Synchronize' may be the easiest.

All the best,
Quentin