[MlMt] Quick refresh of smart mailbox?

Mon Sep 1 05:11:47 EDT 2014

On 31 Aug 2014, at 12:35, Quentin Stafford-Fraser wrote:

> Is there a quick way to refresh the view of a smart mailbox?

No. I could easily add some kind of refresh key binding, but making it a
menu item might confuse many users (with respect to the difference
between refreshing and synchronising). I think I should just make this
happen as part of explicitly synchronising a mailbox (⇧⌘N). (But I
can still add an explicit refresh key binding as well.)

> I use a combined 'Unread or flagged' box as a kind of to-do list, as
> per
> http://www.statusq.org/archives/2014/08/27/6007/
>
> It would be very satisfying, once I've dealt with an issue and
> unflagged it, to hit a keystroke and see things vanish from the list.
> At present, I switch to another mailbox and switch back...

In the most recent test version, it is possible to change how changes to
unread/flagged works, but it is currently not very flexible. You can
read more in [this
ticket](http://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/859-mark-as-unflagged-does-not-immediately-remove-message-from-smart-mailbox-list).