[MlMt] Image blocking

Wed Oct 29 12:05:38 EDT 2014

On 29 Oct 2014, at 10:41, Werner Hintze wrote:

> I have a problem with the option »image blocking«. There is another
> option »Unless messages are explicitly marked as not junk«. Does
> this mean that I have to mark all messages as »No junk« in order to
> see the images?

No, it just means that “Not Junk” can be used to mark a specific
message as trusted.

> Is it not enough to say once that messages from this address are not
> junk?

No, it does not affect any other messages. There is no built-in way to
whitelist addresses.

> Or is there another option I didn't find yet?

No, it is possible to configure smart mailboxes to get something which
behaves like whitelisting:
http://blog.freron.com/2012/disabling-image-blocking-for-trusted-senders/

> P.S.: What’s about MailMate 2.0 and it’s crowd founding action?
> Does anybody have some news?

You can find some general answers in the blog post for [version
1.8](http://blog.freron.com/2014/mailmate-1-8-released/) which was
released 2 weeks ago.

You can also enable fetching betas in the Software Update preferences
pane, but currently that won't do much since I'm now mainly working on a
separate 64 bit version of MailMate (memory and speed optimizations). If
you are feeling adventurous then you can fetch it
[here](http://updates.mailmate-app.com/archives/MailMate_64bit.tbz). It
was updated today and it appears to be stable for its currently small
user base (~10 have downloaded it).

To the list: Those of you with large message stores are welcome to try
out the 64 bit version and send me some time/memory comparisons with the
current 32 bit version. (I'd like to switch to the 64 bit version for
all users as soon as possible.)