[MlMt] MailMate 1.8 released -- last week

Mon Oct 27 16:04:55 EDT 2014

On 27 Oct 2014, at 16:12, Gary Hull wrote:

> Before jumping into getting a graphic designer, you might want to
> investigate retaining a user interface person. When you say you're
> going to get someone to refresh the icon and toolbar icons and so on,
> I take that to mean that the UI is not on the table. There are many
> "hidden" things that I thing should be surfaced or made more obvious,
> like how to turn off or "dismiss" a search filter.

I know it was just an example, but hitting escape should be relatively
standard.

> It may be that to get someone good to dive into the application to the
> depth necessary to refurb the UI would cost too much, but you should
> at least ask around to other developers to verify that.

Changes to the user interface are also on the table, but that'll be my
work. In this case the limited resource is time and not money. There are
many things I can improve, but just to be clear I'm not looking for a
complete GUI change with lots of non-standard GUI components. I'm
thinking of iterative improvements.

Thanks for the feedback.