[MlMt] Rules for Counting Messages

Zvi Biener zvistrash at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 09:48:37 EDT 2014

Hi MailMaters,

I wonder if anyone has implemented, or can give me some tips, about how
to implement mailbox rules that respond to the number of unread messages
in a mailbox.

Sample case: I review my Junk mailbox occasionally, just to make sure
nothing got trapped in there, but I'd like to review it only when, say,
10 messages have piled up. My ideal rule would watch for the number of
unread messages, and when it goes over ten, it would toggle the
"Displayed Count" property of the mailbox from "No Count" to "Unread."
Alternately, it can just notify me by script or otherwise. But I can't
figure out how to count messages...

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Zvi