[MlMt] Forwarding mails with attachments

Scott A. McIntyre mailmate at howyagoin.net
Sun Oct 19 18:03:22 EDT 2014

Hi Roland,

On 20 Oct 2014, at 8:11, Roland wrote:

> Hi,
>
> nobody here that could help with this or encountered the same?
>
> On 13.10.2014 22:03, Roland wrote:
>> I sometimes notice that some mails (usually those who have
>> attachments,
>> it seems) are always forwarded as an attachment and not inline, so I
>> can't change details like removing from addresses or signatures. Is
>> there some option to prevent this?

Yep, I've noticed this as well.  I've never worked out exactly the
scenario when one or the other happens - but my sense is it has to do
with the MIME types detected in the original mail.  If the message is
nothing other than ASCII/plain text, it will likely be able to easily
forward inline.  However, if it is multipart/mixed, MailMate probably
tries to do the safe thing and forward as an attachment.

I generally prefer forwarding inline; but I haven't looked for a way to
always do that, stripping out any bits that may make it less feasible.

Scott