[MlMt] sort by unread and still have conversations threaded ?

Mon Oct 13 15:12:55 EDT 2014

On 13 Oct 2014, at 16:29, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> Is there a way to have mailmate just show conversations with unread in
> them ?
>
> I've tried the following with no luck:
>
> * Mailbox with just unread - now all conversation threading are lost
>
> * show all from mailbox, sort by unread - conversations are not
> thread.
>

> Only if I do not sort on unread do I get conversations but then I will
> have to scroll down to
> find all the unread.
>
> Any suggestions ?

If I understand you correctly then part of the problem is that sorting
by unread does not work well when it's not the root of the thread that
is unread? (I guess I could just change that.)

Suggestion: Create a smart mailbox based on the Unread smart mailbox as
follows. Click on the “Unread” mailbox, make sure no messages are
selected, click on the “Thread” toolbar button, and then click
“Save” to save it. This mailbox should contain the messages of any
thread in which one or more unread messages exist. (Hmm, it behaves a
bit weird when marking messages read since only the unread message
itself is “sticky”. That is not ideal, but seems to be non-trivial
to fix.)