[MlMt] Cannot connect to iCloud mailbox

Wed Oct 8 02:25:48 EDT 2014

On 7 Oct 2014, at 23:41, Scott A. McIntyre wrote:

> On 8 Oct 2014, at 8:35, Steve Mayer wrote:
>
>> You should have received an email from Apple a few weeks back
>> concerning the requirement of using app specific passwords for third
>> party apps accessing iCloud.  It appears they turned this on today.

I guess I'll be receiving a lot of feedback related to this the next few
days :-)

Seems a bit strange that this does not include Apple Mail. I wonder what
prevents a third party app from pretending to be Apple Mail…

>> I was able to generate an app specific password for MailMate and the
>> login worked again fine.
>
> Great tip, Steve, thanks.  That was it indeed.
>
> I've had so many mails from Apple for dev testing on 10.10 that this
> particular one slipped by me.
>
> Worth noting for others!

Well, if I received such an email in my iCloud account then I also
missed it (and apparently also deleted it).