[MlMt] Messages not marked read on open

Wed Oct 1 16:27:49 EDT 2014

On 1 Oct 2014, at 14:19, John Cooper wrote:

> My preferences are set to mark messages read after 20 seconds. In
> every other mail program I've used, this setting applies only to the
> preview pane (Message View). However, when message view is off, and I
> double-click to open a message for viewing in a new window, the
> message is not marked read for 20 seconds. I can actually open a short
> email in a new window, read it, close it, and still have to mark it
> read manually. I'd prefer to have messages marked read as soon as I
> explicitly open them.

There are lots of opinions on this subject:
http://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/402

I cannot make the above the default behavior, but I might make it
optional at some point.

Note that you can bind a key to get this behavior, e.g.:

	"o" =      ( "setTag:", "\\Seen", "openMessages:" );
	"\U000A" = ( "setTag:", "\\Seen", "openMessages:" ); // Return
	"\U000D" = ( "setTag:", "\\Seen", "openMessages:" ); // Enter

But you cannot override the double-click behavior.