[MlMt] Messages not marked read on open

John Cooper mailmate at coopercontent.com
Wed Oct 1 08:19:25 EDT 2014

My preferences are set to mark messages read after 20 seconds. In every
other mail program I've used, this setting applies only to the preview
pane (Message View). However, when message view is off, and I
double-click to open a message for viewing in a new window, the message
is not marked read for 20 seconds. I can actually open a short email in
a new window, read it, close it, and still have to mark it read
manually. I'd prefer to have messages marked read as soon as I
explicitly open them.