[MlMt] how to change the standard "from address"

Thu Nov 27 04:23:45 EST 2014

On 27 Nov 2014, at 10:15, Sebastian Poll wrote:

> Thanks, didn't see that. I tried but failed as I seem to be not able
> to get the right syntax. Maybe it's because my user account (google
> apps for work) has an "@" in it?
> I tried "defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmDefaultAccount -string
> 'imap://username@imap.example.com'" with the mailadress itself or even
> the serverURL from the Identities.plist using "@" or "%40" (which
> seemed to have the right syntax. But I always end up with a error
> message that the default from address is unknown.)

I assume you did restart MailMate. The other potential explanation is
something I realized recently. If you ever changed the IMAP settings of
this account then it's actually not the `serverURL` you need, but
something named `shadowServerURL`:

	grep shadowServerURL ~/Library/Application\
Support/MailMate/Sources.plist |
cut -d\" -f2

Another way to see it is that it should match whatever the folder name
is here:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Messages/IMAP/

The `shadowServerURL` is an implementation detail needed to be able to
allow IMAP account changes to take effect quickly (without a lot of
database index changes). It wouldn't be a problem if I provided a GUI
for setting the default account :-)

If this doesn't help then I'll need more details. You can send me a
screenshot of the error and this file (off list):

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Sources.plist