[MlMt] Bulk deletion.

Scott A. McIntyre mailmate at howyagoin.net
Wed Nov 19 15:33:35 EST 2014

Hi,

>> Sometimes nothing happens.  Sometimes one of the messages
>> deletes...but I can't think of a time when they all actually seem to
>> delete.
>
> This is new to me. Do you think it is a recent problem (64 bit betas)?

No, it's been here for months, perhaps as long as I've used MailMate,
but I only got around to whinging about it now.

>> Contrasted with Mail.app where if I select a range of messages or all
>> messages in a folder, read or unread, and hit backspace/delete,
>> they're gone...
>
> Hmm, I guess that rules out the Sieve theory.

Yeah, it's not Sieve, but, the problem seems to be confined to the Smart
Mailbox I've created for "Unread" messages.

If I go directly to a folder, it works.

Happy to look at the MSG ID route, but, it's entirely consistent for me
with Smart Folder / Smart Mailboxes -- If I have 10 messages, select any
one of them, then select-all, and hit delete (d or the Delete button)
then only the first message is deleted).

If I try the same thing in the mailbox itself, it works.

Scott