[MlMt] Bulk deletion.

Wed Nov 19 15:06:55 EST 2014

On 18 Nov 2014, at 20:18, Scott A. McIntyre wrote:

> On some mailing lists I'm on (not MailMate..) there are entire threads
> which may arrive over the course of a few hours and I have no interest
> in them, or just a lot of messages in a row from a broken cron job.
> I'll go to the Unread smart-folder I've created, see the list of
> messages in that particular Sieve-sorted folder, command-a to select
> all messages, and hit delete.
>
> Sometimes nothing happens.  Sometimes one of the messages
> deletes...but I can't think of a time when they all actually seem to
> delete.

This is new to me. Do you think it is a recent problem (64 bit betas)?

> However, if I first mark them all as read and THEN delete, it seems to
> take.

Since it's a Sieve-sorted folder. Is there any change that Sieve is
putting the messages back in there when they are unread?

If you enable the “Msg ID” column in then messages outline then you
can see if they are assigned new internal IDs in MailMate which would
indicate that MailMate thinks of them as “new” messages.

> Contrasted with Mail.app where if I select a range of messages or all
> messages in a folder, read or unread, and hit backspace/delete,
> they're gone...

Hmm, I guess that rules out the Sieve theory.

> Something to look at, or is it Just Me?

I'd certainly like to know more. Let's start with the Msg ID suggested
above and then we can debug off list since it appears no one else here
is seeing the same thing (only a small group of people are using the 64
bit releases).