[MlMt] Using Gmail

Alasdair Muckart alasdair at muckart.net
Fri May 16 03:28:40 EDT 2014

Hi all,

For various reasons I've had to migrate all of my email out of the 'normal' (courier) IMAP server I was using over to Google (apps for business).

The current documentation seems to indicate that MM still doesn't deal too well with Gmail and labels, and with my current setup I really need the labels in Gmail.

For the moment I'm using Airmail which is nice and fast and seems to handle gmails quirks Ok, but doesn't locally cache mail and is having some issues actually finding all 270-odd thousand messages I have.

I'd very much like to keep using MailMate, so I'm interested in what the options are for setting it up with Gmail in a way that'll allow me to keep my label setup.

Thanks.
--
Alasdair Muckart | William de Wyke | http://wherearetheelves.net
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse