[MlMt] using gmail label tags in format strings

David Rees dave at ubiqsoft.com
Fri May 16 00:46:10 EDT 2014

I'm very excited about the gmail label support you are building into
MailMate, its the key feature I keep looking for in an OSX client. Simply
showing them as folders isn't enough for folks who active use Gmail.

Once I make a gmail label a tag I lose it it as a folder on the left
however. So its hard to quickly see all emails with a given tag (which is
something a Gmail user is pretty used to).

I've tried working around this with smart folder submailboxes on
Tags/Keywords, but it seems to be showing "Raw Flags" as described in ticket
374<http://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672-mailmate/tickets/374-Column-for-Showing-Tags-Keywords#ticket-374-3>.
That unfortunately doesn't do the job since I get submailboxes like "@0,
\Flagged" and "$NotJunk, @0, \Answered, \Flagged, \Seen" (@0 is my gmail
label name).

Is there anything I can do to work around this? I was thinking I could
perhaps try changing the submailbox format name from ${#flags.flag}", but
even if I can get that to narrow it down just to the label name it won't
handle the case of multiple labels on the same message.

Thanks!