[MlMt] Follow-up question on using Spamsieve with Mailmate

Robert Anders lists at emelen.de
Mon Mar 31 17:45:12 EDT 2014

Hi.

On 31 Mar 2014, at 22:42, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
> That is certainly not acceptable. I can see that you have allowed
> MailMate to send 6 crash reports with r4132 (and that's out of 8
> reported in total by ~130 users using r4132).
>
> After taking a look at these crash reports I'm pretty sure that at
> least 5 of those 6 crashes are related to MailMate running out of
> so-called file descriptors. In other words, MailMate cannot handle
> such a large number of IDLE connections within system limits (and
> fails to handle it gracefully).

It's annoying, but MM is, imho, still superior to all other clients on
Mac OS :)

(I'm also using TheBat! on Windows, i don't know what they do, but it
handles _my_ (maybe somewhat weird) case extremly well. When i start
TB!, all my accounts (15 atm) are checked within seconds while the
program stays responsive (using 6 connections for every account))

regards,
Robert