[MlMt] Follow-up question on using Spamsieve with Mailmate

Mon Mar 31 14:28:40 EDT 2014

On 31 Mar 2014, at 17:52, Brad Knowles wrote:

> I have a number of accounts, and some of those systems might be able
> to do server-side rules if they were provided, but they don't give me
> any sort of way to create those rules.  If MailMate could give me a
> way to create the server-side rules and then upload them, I'd be fine
> going through the process of doing the translation.

There is no way to do that in MailMate. The only server-side filtering
standard I know is Sieve, but I don't even know if a GUI for Sieve
exists on Mac OS X (theoretically, I think it's possible to create such
a GUI if the IMAP server supports Sieve).

> But I can guarantee you that not all of the systems will have the
> ability to apply server-side rules, and "smart mailboxes" are -- at
> best -- only a partial solution to this problem.

Note that MailMate does support client side rules as part of the
experimental 2.0 features (enabled in the General preferences pane).