[MlMt] Follow-up question on using Spamsieve with Mailmate

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sun Mar 30 23:05:30 EDT 2014

On 30 Mar 2014, at 14:44, Sam Heldenbrand wrote:

> Ok, that explains the "Move Out of Junk" functionality. But why does
> Spamsieve do nothing happen when I select a piece of mail in my inbox
> and I tag it as Junk? Shouldn't it automatically move that  piece of
> mail to its account's respective Junk folder? I'm having to do this
> manually right now, which seems wrong.

I'm also a little confused about the interface between these two
programs.

I have not yet quit using Mail.app, because I have yet to figure out how
to take all my existing rules and bring them over to MailMate.  So, at
the moment I've got both programs supposedly connecting with SpamSieve,
and maybe that's my problem.

But what I am seeing is that the junk status & score is not being
updated on the mail messages in the respective junk mailboxes, unless I
go in via Mail.app and manually feed them back to SpamSieve as confirmed
spam messages.