[MlMt] Two search-related questions

Thu Mar 20 16:07:55 EDT 2014

On 20 Mar 2014, at 19:36, Luca Allodi wrote:

> 	I sent this message yesterday but it never popped up in my inbox - my
> apologies if you receive multiple copies.

Sorry about the late reply. The first copy also got to the mailing list.
When in doubt, you can verify in the archive (after a few minuts have
passed): https://www.mail-archive.com/mailmate@lists.freron.com/

> I have two questions about searching:
>
> 	- is there a key-binding to automatically add a search item without
> having to press "+" on the far right with the mouse?

No, the best you can do is to tab to the plus (if you have enabled Full
Keyboard Access in System Preferences).

You might also want to consider “Edit ▸ Find ▸ Use as Default
Search” if you tend to use the same set of search conditions (any
conditions with empty text fields are ignored).

The long term plan is to offer a quick-search text field which does not
require the heavy GUI of the current conditions editor.

> 	- searching by "attachment-name" does not work for me. If I select
> "Attachment-name -> does not exist" all emails are retrieved, even
> those with one or more attachments. "Attachment-count" works.

The “Attachment-Name” header is not useful to match on. It only has
a value for attachments viewed in the past and it also has other issues.

The best you can do is probably “Attachment-Count is not 0” and
“Content-Description contains abc”, but it's far from perfect.