[MlMt] How Does Pending Work?

Mon Mar 17 08:51:47 EDT 2014

On 17 Mar 2014, at 0:00, John Grasty wrote:

> I love MailMate. I will definitely be purchasing a license once my
> trial runs out. :-D

Thanks!

> Sometimes I process a lot of email when I don't have an internet
> connection. When I send a message without a connection, it obviously
> tells me that it was unable to. I am then given the option of Cancel
> (I think), Try Later, and Try Again.

Hmm, if MailMate can see that you are offline (MailMate asks the system)
then you shouldn't see this window and messages would be sent when you
go online.

> How does the Try Later work?

Apparently MailMate cannot see you are offline. In this case, MailMate
retries after 15 minutes. If it fails again then it waits 30 minutes.
Doubling continues until a maximum of 24 hours.

> Will MailMate send those messages once it reconnects to the internet,
> or is there a delay?

In your case, there is a delay.

> Is there a way to force MailMate to send the messages once the
> internet is available again?

Yes, look in the Drafts mailbox and use the “Message ▸ Send” menu
item.