[MlMt] New email - NOT Changing From address based on previous recepients

Fri Mar 14 11:26:05 EDT 2014

On 13 Mar 2014, at 21:40, Marc ARC wrote:

> Extract from the manual:
> Composing:
> When creating a new message (not a reply) then the default From
> address is based on the current context (mailbox and currently
> displayed/selected messages). . . . .
> . . . . In any case, as soon as you update the To header then the From
> address is updated if you have previously sent anything to the same
> recipient.
>

> The general From-derivation is still based on the Sent Messages
> folder, and I read it can be changed by
>
> 	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmAddressCompletionMailbox DRAFTS

No, this only changes which addresses are used for completing addresses
in the recipient fields of the composer. It does not affect the From
deriviation which is hardcoded to use “Sent Messages”.

> Question:
> Is there a way with new mails NOT to change the From based on previous
> sent mails to the same recipient.

No. Well, there is an exception if using a `mailto:` URL with an
explicit `from` address.

> So I create a new mail based on a selected IMAP account and unless I
> change the From it remains what it was the moment it was created.

I assume this is a feature requested (based on my answers above).