[MlMt] Seen/read status not preserved when importing local folder

Sherif Soliman sherif at ssoliman.com
Fri Jul 25 18:21:54 EDT 2014

Hi Benny and all,

I'm helping a friend import her old email into MailMate. She has some
inboxes of exported messages (On My Mac) from Mail.app that she wanted
to import into MailMate.

The inboxes have lots of unread as well as read messages. However, when
we imported those inboxes into MailMate (using File > Import Messages...
 > Select folder + Use destination for all messages), all the imported
emails were unread.

Why is the seen/unseen status lost? Is there a way to preserve the
read/unread status of all those messages when importing?

Thanks.

Sherif